Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Return of the Fluff



Day 9- Powder...mmmm



The pic is the scene as you look out from the lean to beyond the bullwheel.


I didn't getup to the mountain (Smuggs) until around noon as the wind howling outside my door was not encouraging. Turns out four hours were all my legs could take after pounding hard Saturday and hittin' the hill again Sunday. Man, what a day. Unbelievable for December 4! All the woods were wide open. The rock wall on Full Nelson was totally gone, though the drop/launch was significant and tons of fun. I got fresh all the way down! The pitch on Full Nelson was perfect for the sort of heavy snow we had. Ripped down! Got fresh all through the Deer Run Glades, the Boneyard, and a few places I'm hesitant to divulge. The best though was face shots in the Birthday Bowl. It was a little wet getting in near the pond, and I had to pause and scrape ice off my board. (I know there's another way, but not too sure about finding it on my own yet, so I went out the pond way.) Anyway...it was totally worth it! I hit all my favorite steep, tight chutes. That's where the face shots came in to play. Wow! We seem to have picked up right where we left off!

No comments: